How To Apply Blue Eyeshadow
You guys were loving the blue eyeshadow look that I had posted on my Instagram recently and I wanted to show you how to do it yourself!
It's not as scary as it seems and with a little patience and practice, you too can achieve this smokey blue shadow look too.
Go a little outside of your comfort zone and try it today! This look really suits anyone and depending on your eye shape you just need to cater to how it works for your eyes!
Tools for a blue eyeshadow look
Firstly you need the right tools and products to achieve this look, this is what I used:
- Blue eyeshadow. Pick one that is highly pigmented, shimmery or matte and is easy to blend using your finger. I've used my Inglot Individual Eyeshadow in #428
- A warm matte orange/brown shade. I like to use Burnt Orange from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam palette
- A warm matte brick shade. I used Sienna from the same palette
- A fluffy blending brush. My preference is the Sigma E25
- Eyeshadow primer. My go-to is the Smashbox Lid Primer
- Black liquid liner
- False eyelashes (optional)
- Waterproof mascara
- Eyelash curler
How to apply blue eyeshadow
- Take your fluffy eyeshadow brush and apply the warm matte orange/brown shade to your crease. Build the colour up slowly.
- Deepen your crease by layering on the warm matte brick shade. Make sure you take this colour in the crease and outer v area.
- With the lid space that is bare, using your clean ring finger, apply your blue shadow straight to the lid.
- Blend the blue and the crease colours together using the same fluffy brush. Keep using the same blending motion until the eyeshadows are all fused together.
- Line your upper lash line. Flick it out if you feel like it!
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- Apply falsies. This part is optional but I love to take this look to a dramatic level.
And that is how you apply blue eyeshadow the easy and less scary way!
What do you think of blue eyeshadow? Is it out of your comfort zone? Let us know in the comments below!