My Korean Skincare Experience
I've always read that Korean skincare does wonders. I personally like to stick to the same type of products if they work so well with my skin because if I change to a product that is unfamiliar it may react badly.
It was one morning that I was watching Dasha Kim's video on her Korean skincare routine and she was showing these products that she orders from Wishtrend.com that I had decided to try it out for the first time.
You can watch the video here and learn about her Korean skincare routine.
The list of products that I will be reviewing are:
- Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil
- Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- Cosrx One Step Moisture Up Pad
- Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drops
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
- Klairs Supple Illuminating Blemish Balm
You can get each of these products individually on Wishtrend.
Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil
- Black bean oil: helps with sebum production, increases the elasticity of your skin and provides a soothing effect
- Black sesame oil: prevents dehydration and skin ageing
- Black currant seed oil: helps strengthen the skin's protective layer. Promotes skin cell regeneration as well
- Really love this product!!
- It removed all my makeup and any dirt from the end of the day
- There is a slight smell but you get used to it
- I only use this at night
- I use this first before the next step which is the Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Would I repurchase this?
Yes!! 100% yes! Really loved this cleansing oil and it really suited my dry skin.
Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- Tea tree oil: a great ingredient for removing makeup and is the main ingredient in this product
- Loved this product as well, it was a good compliment to using it after the cleansing oil above
- The smell can be slightly strong but again you get used to it
- At first, I remember I felt like the cleanser stripped my skin a little bit but I believe that would be the tea tree oil. After using it the first time it wasn't so bad and I might've just not been used to using a gel cleanser.
- I love how it works to remove any excess makeup and dirt from the skin
Repurchase? Yay or nay?
I probably wouldn't repurchase this. The reason is that I find it a little soapy. But this would be a great cleanser for acne prone skin types since tea tree oil is really good for treating blemishes.
Cosrx One Step Moisture Up Pad
- Hyaluronic Acid: preserves moisture in the skin and also replenishes any lost moisture.
- Propolis Extract: it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and helps smooth out the skin. It's also very gentle on sensitive skin
- I loveeeeeed using this product. It really made my skin so smooth and plump. Even though I was using a whole lot of other products I really believe this helped with smoothing my skin out because of the hyaluronic acid contained in the pads
- Each pad was soaked with the above ingredients and I found it really easy to use.
- I would use one pad in the morning and evening
- I would use them after cleansing. In the morning I'd only use water to wash my face
Yes, I would! I really loved the pads and how easy it was to use them. One box lasted me a little over a month.
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drops
So just a heads up this I believe is a very thin liquidity serum you use at night and I would say this was the most interesting product I used out of my order.
- EGF (sh-Oligopeptide-1) and bFGF (sh-Polypeptide-1): The body itself produces the substances EGF and bFGF which helps keep the outer and inner parts of your skin firm and smooth
- Blueberry extract: Contains Vitamin C which neutralises free radicals and helps with delaying the ageing process.
- I found the product very liquidity which I didn't expect
- I only used 2-3 drops every night after using the moisture pads
- I didn't have any reactions to this product
- I found it quite interesting that the product was a blue colour!
It's going to be a no from me. I honestly think this product may have improved the appearance and helped smooth my skin. But I'd rather be using other products that I like better and that I gravitate towards.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
- Free from dyes, fragrances and animal-based components: This is great for anyone who has sensitive skin or doesn't like to have a smell in their skincare products
- Absolutely LOVED this!
- It really made my skin feel instantly moisturised and smooth
- I would definitely take this travelling, it's the perfect size
Yes for sure! I will definitely get another tube of this product off the website. It's a really nice moisturising and honestly, I can't fault it! I'd recommend this moisturiser if anyone is looking for a new one to try!
Klairs Supple Illuminating Blemish Balm
- It's a BB cream
- Light in coverage, in fact, you'd have to put on a few layers to build the coverage
- It has whitening properties which isn't something I'd use but I rarely noticed the product making me paler
- Contains SPF40 which is a good plus for me. The Australian sun is strong so the higher SPF the better
- I used this every single day for work and I really like how it didn't cover up my skin and lets it breathe
- I would use this applying with my fingers
- A small amount was enough just for a very subtle coverage all over my face
Would I repurchase this product?
It would have to be a no I'm afraid. I'm just not too keen on this product and I prefer other BB and CC creams that I currently own.
There isn't much fault with this product but it's a matter of preference that's all.
My overall thoughts
I really enjoyed using these products and I have a newfound respect for Korean skincare. It makes me want to do further research and try other Korean products. ( I sense a trip to South Korea soon....maybe??)
I really loved the cleanser, the moisture pads and the moisturiser out of the products I tried over a months period.
I'm still using the cleanser and moisturiser daily. Until they run out I will make a decision to repurchase off the Wishtrend website.
Have you tried Korean skincare before? What are your thoughts? Comment below!