Splurge or Save? Liquid Concealers
This is the second post as part of the Splurge or Save series. The first post was on a drugstore liquid highlighter with a high-end purchase. If you guys are curious do check it out and let us know which you'd choose out of the liquid highlighters.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- It has a really nice consistency and applies very nicely to the under eyes.
- Covers most blemishes but you may need to build the coverage
- Colour range is limited. It comes in 6 different shades.
- Has 6.8ml of product
NARS Creamy Concealer
- Very smooth when blended with a brush or beauty blender/sponge
- Coverage is really good for any blemishes and I personally like to use this concealer to cover any spots.
- Comes in 16 different shades, so there is more variety compared to the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
- Only contains 6ml of product which is 0.8ml less than Maybelline
At $44 AUD it is an expensive concealer in my opinion. But for the quality, I do believe it is worth it.
What we think
- The Maybelline gives you great value for money but the colour range is quite limited
- NARS is quite hefty but the quality is really good but for some people, it can be out of their budget
I honestly will have to give it to NARS and the reason is that I don't like the size of the Maybelline doe foot applicator. I think it's too small and also the colour range is quite limited.
However, I will always repurchase the Maybelline Fit Me concealer because it is a great drugstore buy and it's good to have backups in your collection in case your high-end ones run out!
How you can use them
- Apply straight onto your skin (on a blemish, under the eyes or places you'd like to highlight)
- Blend with either a concealer brush or beauty blender (my preferred choice of tool)
- Set the area with powder to make sure it doesn't move.
What do you prefer? Do you love a good budget buy or do you splurge?