5 Of The Best Drugstore Products
L'oreal True Match Foundation
Holyyy crap. This is probably the most beautiful drugstore foundation I've tried! It's smooth, dewy and blends really well if you use a beauty blender. Here's why it's amazing:
- It's perfect for my dry and oily t-zone skin. It doesn't clog the pores and doesn't leave a break out the next day. I love that it has a slight dewiness, a matte is a no go for me.
- The product comes in various generous shades. So for those that have difficulty finding their right shade with a drugstore foundation, you're sure to find it here.
- It's affordable! At $29.95 it's a great buy for 'high' street type of product
Carmex Lip Balm
I'm a self-confessed lip balm addict. I've tried so many different brands under the sun!
The one I always go back to is the original Carmex Lip Balm. My mum first introduced this one to me back in primary school (yes I was quite young when my addiction started!) and I used to have severely dry lips. This was my saviour. My holy grail.
If you suffer from cracked and dry lips, I suggest trying this one out! You might find this could be the one to save you from your skin woes.
Garnier Micellar Water
Just like the lip balm situation, I've tried so many different brands of micellar water. At the end of my quest, I found that most of the micellar water's more or less were the same. That's just my opinion.
I love using micellar water to remove makeup and to use as a preparation for when I do my skincare routine at night. I prefer this method over cleansing wipes because I feel like wipes can strip my skin.
The Garnier Micellar Water now comes in three different types all for the cheapo price of under $15 for a 400ml bottle.
The four different types are:
- Original: perfect for all skin types even sensitive gals like me
- Combination to Oily: perfume free and regulates oil on the skin
- Oil Infused Cleansing Water: perfect for waterproof makeup removal
- Pure Active: for combination to oily skin types who are prone to imperfections
Who doesn't want to be French, sipping on coffee with a croissant on a sunny Paris afternoon? Well for me, Avene products are like having a taste of France...only with skincare.
Their products are amazing for dry, sensitive or those with troubled skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. I started using Avene in my early uni days and even though I couldn't afford them, they were worth every penny.
My favourite Avene products include:
- Thermal Spring Water: to give a boost of hydration to the skin throughout the day and also refresh your makeup
- Hydrance Aqua Cream In Gel: this is so smooth and supple for the skin, I use this every night
- Antirougeurs Redness-Relief Cleansing Milk: I like to use this as my second step in my double cleansing routine. Perfect for cleansing away any residue that my cleansing oil couldn't get rid of.
Klorane Dry Shampoo
It's not too heavy on the hair and doesn't leave a lot of white powder behind either.
The best way to apply this is to spray at least 30cm away from the hair, leave for 30 secs and brush through. When Priceline has a sale on these bad boys, I stock up! You always need backups of your backups! #hoarder.
What are your top 5 drugstore must haves?
Let us know in the comments below :) xx
Instagram || Bloglovin